CHILDCARE CENTER PLAYGROUND
We will meet THIS MORNING (SAT 3-25) at 9am to spread mulch around the playground areas for the children of our childcare ministry! Join us!
NO YOUTH GROUP
There will be no youth group meeting this Sunday because of a confirmation trip to Atlanta. We will have normal Youth Group meetings during Spring Break so we’ll see you on April 2nd!
Our cemetery guy (Thom McCague) will need a little assistance after April 11th as he is finally going to have his knee replaced. If anyone would like to help out with a little clean up (raking and sweeping) for our upcoming Memorial Day Sunday service it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
CRAFT CORNER – APRIL 1 AT 10AM TO NOON – PRAYER BEAD WORKSHOP
Join us as Kim Reindl leads us in a Prayer Bead Workshop. Cost is $ 10 per person.
The workshop will:
- teach you about the history of prayer beads and about how tangible items have always been a part of God’s relationship with humanity.
- explain the use of prayer beads and talk about how they may be used to enhance your prayer life.
- give you the opportunity to make a set of prayer beads for yourself or to be given as a gift
You can sign up online by clicking on the prayer bead picture. You can also sign up in the sign-up areas at church.
COKES CHAPEL UMC FINANCIAL CORNER
A big thank you to all our members and guests for your incredibly generous tithes and offerings for January and February. Our church can function because of everyone’s contributions. Our special offerings allow us to continue our Outreach Ministries Programs. Remember we are doing God’s work through these programs. Isn’t it a great feeling to know we are helping our community by helping those in need?
Vacation time of year is quickly approaching. Now is the time for us to start planning how we can continue our tithes and special offerings while we are away on vacation. Cokes Chapel has several ways to accomplish this. You can give online through our website, www.cokeschapel.org
which links you to Pay Pal, by downloading our Church App on your smartphone or tablet or by simply mailing your check to the church office. Remember, our church depends on all of us to continue normal operations, grow our church and to support all our important Outreach Ministries.
Keep looking for regular updates from YOUR Financial Committee. We want each one of our members to know where your donations go and how the money is being used for God’s work. Let’s continue to help others and make Disciples for Christ.
Again, thank you to each one of you for helping OUR church continue to do God’s work.
CHURCH MEMBERS WITH KEY CARD FOR CHILDCARE BUILDING
The Childcare Center and the Trustees are starting a key card inventory. All members/staff who were issued a white key card will need to email their name and key number to Bridget at the Childcare Center. Please E-mail the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Entire key card number (printed on the upper right-hand corner)
• Please state if you are currently attending/serving or no longer attending/serving
As we are going through cards and numbers, we will be matching them to names. This is to help get a current and correct key card inventory. Please bear with us in this process and understand your key card may get deactivated. If your key card does get deactivated and should not be, please notify Bridget at the Childcare Center. Please reply by MARCH 31, 2017.
AN OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE
Did you know — we have a Meals on Wheels Team?!
Coweta County’s Meals on Wheels program delivers hot meals to elderly homebound people in need. We have had a Cokes Chapel Meals on Wheels team composed of 10 to 12 members since 2008. Our team delivers the prepared meals to clients on one of the routes each Friday. Each person on our team is only required to deliver about one Friday a month.
The elderly clients appreciate the service provided by the program. However, the members of the Cokes Chapel MOW team report that they receive an even greater blessing by participating in the program and by developing relationships with the clients. Please consider joining our team as we serve the elderly of our community. You will make a difference in their lives, and you will also receive a blessing! If you are interested or would like more information, contact Betsy Bagley.
770-301-2577 or email@example.com
EASTER EGG HUNT & BUNNY SOCK HOP – APRIL 8TH SATURDAY 10AM TO NOON
Ages Toddler through 5th Grade (Egg hunt will begin at 10:15!) Start in the Contemporary Worship Center
Volunteers are needed to:
• Help Stuff Eggs—Sunday, April 2nd, 10:00 AM in the Childcare Center After-school Room
• Help hide eggs—Saturday, April 8th, 8:30 AM in the Childcare Center Field
• Greet Guests and serve refreshments—Saturday, April 8th, 9:30-11:30 AM, in the Childcare Center Cafeteria
• Help with clean-up—Saturday, April 8th, 11:30-12:00 noon, in the Childcare Center Cafeteria
Donations are needed:
• Candy or Small Prizes (NO Nuts or Chocolate Please)
• Stuffed Plastic Eggs for the hunt (no nuts or chocolate please)—may be dropped at the church office, in the Sanctuary narthex, or Contemporary Worship Center entrance. Please indicate the number of eggs you have filled.
• Goodies (cupcakes and cookies) for the Bunny Sock Hop
Please drop donations in the bins in the narthex or CWC. Please email Kim Reindl, firstname.lastname@example.org
, to volunteer or provide goodies.
The denomination-wide ‘Praying Our Way Forward’ initiative launched on New Year’s Day 2017 with 75 weeks of focused prayer for The United Methodist Church. Each annual conference will take one week to have intentional prayer for the mission of The United Methodist Church to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world and for the work of the 32-member Commission on a Way Forward.
You are invited to:
• Join Bishop Sue Haupert-Johnson by praying at 9 p.m. each night this week for the members of the Commission on a Way Forward, for God’s wisdom and direction, and for the mission of The United
• Join Bishop Sue Haupert-Johnson by praying at 9 p.m. each night this week for the members of the Commission on a Way Forward, for God’s wisdom and direction, and for the mission of The United Methodist Church to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
• Visit www.ngumc.org/PrayingOurWayForward for resources and prayers from across our Conference.
• Continue to remember the Commission on a Way Forward in prayer daily in the months to come.
The Commission on a Way Forward was appointed by the Council of Bishops following General Conference 2016 to study matters of human sexuality and to strengthen the unity of The United Methodist Church.
FLAG RETIREMENT – APRIL 2017
Scout Trey Isham is collecting flags for a flag retirement to be held at Cokes Chapel. Ceremonies/readings and burning with a burial of ashes. Flags can be dropped off at our Thursday night Scout troop meetings at the Fellowship Hall from 7:00pm-8:30, open hours at the church office or Sunday mornings at the Fellowship Hall. Contact Jim McCarthy at
Each Sunday at 11:00 am we offer an online live stream of our 11:00 am Contemporary Worship Service! So if you can’t make it to church, you can join in online and still experience what God has in store for us each week! Find the link for the live stream at the top of our website: www.cokeschapel.org! ‘See’ you there!
If you can’t join the live stream or be with us live, all sermons from the 9:00 am Traditional Worship Service (some from 11am) are recorded and posted on our website. Click the link to see what you may have missed! http://www.cokeschapel.org/sermons
Do you have an announcement you’d like displayed on the slides before worship or in this weekly communication and/or our Facebook page? Please email your announcements to email@example.com to get the word out!!
Week of March 26th
Christian Beliefs Bible Study – at 4pm Worship Center Café
Disciple 3 Bible Study at 6pm Fellowship Hall
Staff Meeting – 12:45 pm Church Office
Choir Practice – 7 pm Sanctuary
Old Goats – 9 am Chick Fil A Thomas Crossroads
Christian Beliefs Bible Study – 10:00 am Fellowship Hall
Jubilee Singers -10:30 am Newnan Rehabilitation & Nursing Home
Weekly Prayer Meeting – 5:30 pm Sanctuary
Approaching God Bible Study – 6:30 pm Home of Doug and Faith Genovese
Mission Outreach Meeting – 7:00 pm Fellowship Hall
Saturday (April 1)
Prayer Bead Workshop – 10:00 am Fellowship Hall
Flag Burial – Various Times and Spaces
Don’t see your activity above? Send an email to Velda at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure the word gets out!